Wednesday, September 11, 2013


While I was trying to get the hatches on the drop pod right, I really went through a lot of balsa. Turned out it wasn't quite as easy to get it right as I had hoped. The main problem was actually to come up with a shape I would be able to reproduce several times, and hence I went through almost as many designs as little pieces of wood.
I ended up with this, a piece slightly shorter than the main structure, and with a short slope at the top. I would have liked to get the usual shape, with a sharp bend following the contours of the structure, but I would never be able to do several that would look suitingly alike. I pretty confident, that once I add a bit of detail to the structure it will look just about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment